- See if a fellow restorer is interested. That will work with some puzzle of appealing scenes or famous brands or interesting cuts.
- Recut the puzzle to be interesting. Cut the large clunky pieces into more interesting smaller ones if it is a nice scene and would be a pretty good puzzle.
- Reuse the front. Sand off the image and paint something on it, if nothing more, select some colors and spray paint pieces randomly. That would be a rather hard puzzle that someone might enjoy.
- Save the pieces for artwork. Artists frequently are looking for spare pieces for their collages. Maybe you can create interesting puzzles from fragments that could be made to interlock.
- If the pieces are large, save for replacements for other puzzles.